Millbrook House, High Street, Milton, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4EL

TEL: 01235 831237
Fax: 01235 832680

Millbrook House History

Millbrook House is a grade II listed property. Part of the main house is thought to date back to the 16th century with many 18th, 19th and 20th century alterations. There is a brick on the back of the house dated 1791. It was once a farmhouse with racing stables.

It used to be called The Firs, possibly because of the tall fir trees on the south side of the front garden. It was certainly still called The Firs in the 1920s but why the name was changed, and when, is unknown. From 1954 until 2003 it was a boys’ boarding school.

Millbrook House

Millbrook House has been in the Glazebrook family since 1963. Since closing the school in 2003 many changes have taken place. Millbrook House itself has become a family home. The classrooms and staff accommodation behind the house have been converted to flats and let to tenants. The Citadine Apartments were dormitories, classrooms and staff accommodation.

The school gym is home to a studio, fitness suite and three therapy rooms rented out to freelance instructors, personal trainers and therapists. See Total Body Conditioning for more details.

Apartments

View All

  • Total Body Conditioning
  • Tourist Information