Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS: These conditions apply to all bookings made with Millbrook House and shall be accepted in full by all guests including those that book accommodation on behalf of others.
- There is a minimum stay of 2 nights
- A deposit of 20% will be required at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to move bookings to another apartment of equal accommodation.
- Any changes to the guests during a booked period will be regarded as a new booking and charged accordingly.
- Where stays are extended the rental rate is applicable to the specific booking period and not the combined stay.
- The number of guests shall not exceed the number of bed spaces. We must be notified of any additional guests to satisfy fire safety regulations.
- We do not accept children or guests under the age of 18 years and no bookings will be accepted from anyone under the age of 23. Proof of identification and date of birth may be required.
- The apartment will be available from 4.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure. Late vacation will result in an extra night’s charge.
- No pets are allowed in the apartment
- For reservations of 2-28 nights – full payment is required on or before arrival. For reservations of more than 28 nights – we can invoice you monthly in advance.
- For bookings via the website, the balance is to be paid via Stripe before arrival or by card on arrival.
- Payment can be made via Stripe, debit card, credit card, bank transfer (one week in advance of stay) or cash.
3. Cancellations and changes to your booking
- Changes to your booking can be made by phone or email and are subject to availability.
- Cancellations must be made by phone or email giving the required notice to avoid cancellation fees.
- For reservations of 2-6 nights – 24 hours’ notice of cancellation prior to the date of arrival is required to avoid a charge of £120 being levied.
- For reservations of 7-28 nights – 7 days’ notice of cancellation prior to the date of arrival is required to avoid a cancellation fee equivalent to 20% of the total accommodation charge.
- For reservations of 29+ nights – 14 days’ notice of cancellation prior to the date of arrival is required to avoid a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the total accommodation charge.
- Non-arrivals will be treated as a cancellation and will be subject to the charges above. You will be invoiced for the charge, less deposit.
- Early curtailment at any time during your stay (either during the original booked period, or any extension agreed) will be subject to a charge equivalent to 20% of the remaining accommodation charge. Vacation must be before 10.00am.
4. On arrival
- On arrival all guests will be required to complete a guest registration form which will give us all the relevant contact details as well as confirmation by the guest that they agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out in this document, a copy of which will be given to all guests on arrival. Details of guests will be kept securely for 6 years to comply with HMRC accounting regulations and legal requirements regarding guest information but will not be available for any other reason.
- Smoking is not permitted in the apartments or in the surrounding areas. There is a designated smooking bench by the main gates. Cigarette ends must be put in the bin provided. The fire alarm system is sensitive and may be set off by smoking on the veranda. A charge of £125 + VAT will be charged to cover the cost of extra cleaning to remove the effects of smoke from the soft furnishings etc where smoking has taken place in the apartment.
- The burning of candles etc is not permitted in the apartments. They are identified as a fire risk and mayset off the alarms.
- Do not cover or interfere in any way with the heat/smoke sensors. If the alarm keeps going off, pleasespeak to Simon or Helen.
- Guests are expected to take reasonable care of the property and contents and to report any breakages, losses or damages. Breakages, losses or damages are the responsibility of the guests. Our property must not be taken off site.
- Our insurance policy only covers our property in the apartments. You must take out your own policy if you wish your belongings to be insured.
- The apartment should be left secure when you go out i.e. windows fastened (especially on the ground floor) and doors locked. The window stays must be used to secure open windows to avoid damage to the windows.
- Guests shall not carry out any activity that might cause a nuisance or annoyance to the proprietors, other guests or the occupiers of any adjoining property and in particular the playing of loud music between the hours of 11.00pm and 08.00am.
- All the apartments are occupied as serviced accommodation and on the basis that no rights of tenancy are created.
- Wireless broadband connectivity is available, and it should be used in a responsible manner and not for any illegal purposes.
- A charge of £50 + VAT per lock will be charged if keys are lost or not returned on departure. You must notify us immediately if keys are lost.
- Please observe the notices regarding the bins and put your waste in the correct bins. Do not store waste anywhere in the apartment other than in the bins provided.
- You will be notified when your apartment will be serviced, usually 7-10 days depending on your length of booking and number of nights occupied. To protect our staff, please leave the apartment about 30 minutes before we have scheduled the clean, leaving windows and internal doors open to allow a change of air. The apartment will be cleaned, the bed linen, towels and bathmats changed, and bins emptied. We do not expect to wash dishes. One and a half hours is allocated to each apartment on service day. If this has to be exceeded because of the condition of the apartment, then a charge will be made based on £25 + VAT per hour. Photographs may be taken to prove justification. They will not be used for any other purpose and upon settlement, will be deleted.
- The apartment should always be kept tidy.
- The laundry room is available for all guests and some of our other tenants. £2 coins will be required for the washing machine and £1 coins for the dryer. Please read the instructions on the machines.
- Do not overload the machines. Do not remove the iron, ironing board or airers from the laundry room. They are there for everyone’s use. Laundry must not be dried in the apartments. There is a washing line in the garden.
5. On Departure:
- Check out time is 10.00am. Late check-out may be possible but may incur a charge. Requests for late check-out must be made 24 hours in advance.
- All rubbish should be put in the appropriate bins, all dishes washed and put away, cooker, microwave and fridge cleaned, and the apartment left tidy. A changeover cleaning time of 2 hours is allocated, if in order to bring the apartment up to standard this is exceeded then a charge will be made, based on £25 + VAT per hour. Photographs may be taken to prove justification.
- Any furniture moved by guests should be returned to its place.
- After departure we will invoice for any breakages, damages or extra cleaning required.
All bookings are subject to these Terms and Conditions which are deemed to have been accepted in full by all guests, and whoever booked the accommodation.
We reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time. Should guests be in breach of any of these conditions, we reserve the right to cancel the booking with immediate effect and without refund and the guests will vacate the apartment immediately.
HBG updated 22.03.2022